Our school meals are produced from our own on-site school kitchen by our own catering team.
Woodborough Primary School Menu
All orders should be placed via your School Gateway account
School meals are £2.30 per day.
Please note that although meals can be purchased on an ad hoc basis (when the choices may be more limited) the preferred method of ordering is in advance on either a termly or weekly (£11.50) basis.
Please ensure that all completed orders are accompanied by payment otherwise meals cannot be provided.
All parents whose children have pre-booked meals are requested to contact the school office by 9.30 am to advise of any absence and to request for the meal to be cancelled. This will allow payments to be carried forward to the next week / term.
Free School Meals
Over the last few years the quality of school food has improved dramatically. Research shows that pupils are more likely to concentrate in lessons if they have eaten a nutritionally balanced meal at lunchtime. By choosing school lunches, not only will you be saving yourself the time of preparing a packed lunch every day, you can also be sure that your child is getting the range and amount of food that will help contribute to their health and well-being.
On average parents spend £450 on packed lunches per year for each child, which is money that could be spent on other things.
If a parent is in receipt of any of the following benefits, all their children attending school in Wiltshire are eligible for free school meals:
- Income Support
- Job Seeker’s Allowance (income-based)
- Employment and Support Allowance (income-related)
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit – providing you are NOT entitled to Working Tax Credit and your family’s annual income (as assessed by HMRC) is not more than £16,190 (as at 6 April 2012)
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment you may receive for a further four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
Did you know that registering your child for free school meals means that Woodborough School gets extra money too?
Not only will your child receive free meals at lunchtime, but the government also gives money to us to ensure that children eligible for free school meals do their very best. This funding is called a Pupil Premium. For every child registered for free school meals in 2020/21 the school will receive a Pupil Premium of £1,345. Examples of how we can spend this money include:
- Purchasing specialist support
- CPD for key staff
- Developing a creative curriculum
- Resources to support inclusion
- Purchase of technology resources
- Developing strategies for engaging children and parents in and out of school
- Subsidy of school clubs
Please remember you must qualify and register for the free school meals for the school to receive the extra money even if you do not want your child to have the free school meals.
Registering for free school meals is confidential, no one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
You can apply online for free school meals via the link below, or download an application form or you may wish to call in to school and speak to Miss Bolwell who will explain the application process.