Pupil Premium is additional finding given by the Government to schools in England to raise the attainment of specific groups of children that fall into the following categories:
- Pupils who are entitled to Free School Meals due to qualifying benefits
- Pupils who have a parent in the armed services
- Pupils that are, or have been, looked after by the Local Authority or are adopted
Please contact the school if you feel that you may qualify for Pupil Premium.
For more details on the Pupil Premium, please visit: http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/pupilsupport/premium
Allocation of Pupil Premium funding at Woodborough School:
- We ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all of the pupils.
- We ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups, this includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are adequately assessed and addressed.
- In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that not all pupils who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged.
- We also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are eligible for free school meals. We reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium funding to support any pupil or groups of pupils the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged.
- Pupil Premium funding will be allocated following a needs analysis which will identify priority classes, groups or individuals. Limited funding and resources means that not all children receiving free school meals will be in receipt of Pupil Premium interventions at one time.
Woodborough School, Pupil Premium Strategy Statement, 2016 – 2017